|Los Angeles City Council, Journal/Council Proceeding|
Friday, February 10, 2017
JOHN FERRARO COUNCIL CHAMBER ROOM 340, CITY HALL 200 NORTH SPRING STREET, LOS ANGELES, CA 90012 - 10:15 AM
(For further details see Official Council Files)
(For communications referred by the President see Referral Memorandum)
Members Present: Blumenfield, Bonin, Buscaino, Cedillo, Englander, Harris-Dawson, Koretz, Martinez, O'Farrell, Price and Ryu (11) Absent: Huizar, Krekorian and President Wesson (3)
|Items for which Public Hearings Have Been Held|
HOUSING and BUDGET AND FINANCE COMMITTEES' REPORT relative to the Proposition HHH Housing and Facilities program implementation and requirements for bond issuance, and resolution authority for three new positions in the City Attorney's Office and the Los Angeles Housing and Community Investment Department (HCIDLA).
Recommendations for Council action, SUBJECT TO THE APPROVAL OF THE MAYOR:
- DESIGNATE the HCIDLA as the departmental sponsor for the Proposition HHH Housing Program.
- DESIGNATE the City Administrative Officer (CAO) as the departmental sponsor for the Proposition HHH Facilities Program.
- INSTRUCT the HCIDLA to present the proposed Proposition HHH Housing Program, including the recommended project expenditure plan for permanent supportive units in the current Managed Pipeline and additional staffing needs, for review by the Citizens Oversight Committee and Administrative Oversight Committee.
- INSTRUCT the CAO to present the proposed Proposition HHH Facilities Program, including the funding application process, and staffing needs to the Citizens Oversight Committee and Administrative Oversight Committee.
- RESOLVE that position authority for the following positions is APPROVED and CONFIRMED through June 30, 2017:
||Finance Development Officer I
||Deputy City Attorney III
- AUTHORIZE a loan of up to $69,978 from the Reserve Fund to the Housing and Community Investment Fund No. 100/43, in connection with salaries related to the Proposition HHH Housing Program, to be repaid from Proposition HHH bond proceeds to be issued in the future.
- TRANSFER up to $69,978 from the Reserve Fund to the Unappropriated Balance and APPROPRIATE therefrom to the Housing and Community Investment Fund No. 100/43, Salaries General Account No. 001010, in connection with the Proposition HHH Housing Program.
- AUTHORIZE a loan of up to $52,330 from the Reserve Fund to the City Attorney Fund No. 100/12, in connection with salaries related to the Proposition HHH Housing Program, to be repaid from Proposition HHH bond proceeds to be issued in the future.
- TRANSFER up to $52,330 from the Reserve Fund to the Unappropriated Balance and APPROPRIATE therefrom to the City Attorney Fund No. 100/12, Salaries General Account No. 001010, in connection with the Proposition HHH Housing Program.
- AUTHORIZE the HCIDLA to transfer up to $122,308 from General Obligation Bond proceeds (Fund and Account to be determined) to the Reserve Fund for repayment of the loan for salaries related to the Proposition HHH Housing Program, and an estimated $70,029 or actual costs, to the General Fund for employee benefits.
- AUTHORIZE the CAO to prepare Controller instructions and any necessary technical corrections consistent with this action; and, AUTHORIZE the Controller to implement the instructions.
- INSTRUCT the Chief Legislative Analyst (CLA), CAO and HCIDLA to report with recommendations for a permanent staffing plan for the implementation of HHH Housing and Facilities include staffing in appropriate departments such as City Planning and Public Works to ensure the expediting of HHH Housing and Facilities.
Fiscal Impact Statement: The CAO, HCIDLA, and CLA report that approval of the above recommendations will reduce the Reserve Fund by $122,308. However, the Reserve Fund loan will be reimbursed in Fiscal Year 2017-18 with Prop HHH bond proceeds. In addition, a total $70,028 for employee benefits will be paid to the General Fund from bond proceeds.
Community Impact Statement: None submitted.
(Personnel and Animal Welfare and Homelessness and Poverty Committees waived consideration of the above matter)
AMENDING MOTION 18A (HARRIS-DAWSON - O'FARRELL)
Recommendations for Council action:
- INSTRUCT the City Administrative Officer (CAO) to prepare an expedited Request for Proposals (RFP) to identify homeless facilities that:
- Will be ready to start construction within calendar year 2017.
- Demonstrate full funding commitments from other sources, except for a funding gap that may be filled by Proposition HHH.
- AUTHORIZE the CAO to release the expedited RFP upon review in the first meeting of the Citizens Oversight Committee (COC) and the Administrative Oversight Committee (AOC) for a period of no more than 12 calendar days, to ensure recommendations are presented to the COC and AOC to meet the facilities program project expenditure plan deadline for the 2017-18 Proposition HHH bond issuance.
|Adopted as Amended, (11); Absent: Koretz, Krekorian , Wesson (3)|
|Whereupon the Council did adjourn.|
ATTEST: Holly L. Wolcott, CITY CLERK
Council Clerk PRESIDENT OF THE CITY COUNCIL