|Los Angeles City Council, Journal/Council Proceeding|
Friday, February 22, 2019
JOHN FERRARO COUNCIL CHAMBER ROOM 340, CITY HALL 200 NORTH SPRING STREET, LOS ANGELES CA 90012 - 10:30 AM
(For further details see Official Council Files)
(For communications referred by the President see Referral Memorandum)
|Members Present: Blumenfield, Bonin, Buscaino, Cedillo, Harris-Dawson, Krekorian, Martinez, O'Farrell, Price, Rodriguez, Ryu and President Wesson (12); Absent: Huizar, Koretz and Smith (3)|
|Items for which Public Hearings Have Been Held|
|ITEM NO.||(10)||19-0106, 15-1138-S37|
CATEGORICAL EXEMPTION and HOMELESSNESS AND POVERTY COMMITTEE REPORT relative to a Bridge Housing project located at 1426 Paloma Street.
Recommendations for Council action, as initiated by Motion (Huizar - O'Farrell), SUBJECT TO THE APPROVAL OF THE MAYOR:
- DETERMINE the Bridge Housing Project on 1426 Paloma Street, which allows the development and use of the property as a temporary shelter, is categorically exempt from the provisions of the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) pursuant to State CEQA Guidelines Article 19, Section 15303, Class 3(e), 15332 Class 32; and the City of Los Angeles CEQA Guidelines, Art. III, Sec. 1, Class 3(6), as set forth in the Notice of Exemption attached to the Council file.
- AUTHORIZE the General Manager, Department of General Services (GSD) to:
- Negotiate and execute a three year lease agreement with B.F.Z., LLC. and A.F.M.K., Inc. for a privately owned facility at 1400-1426 Paloma Street to be utilized as Bridge Housing, with the option to renew at the discretion of the City Council.
- Negotiate and execute a three year sub-lease agreement with Home at Last to operate a Bridge Housing facility at this site for the duration of the lease agreement, with the option to renew at the discretion of the City Council.
- APPROVE funds in the amount of $1,333,178 to lease the property at 1426 Paloma Street for 36 months for the purpose of establishing a Bridge Housing facility. Funds to be appropriated from Homeless Emergency Aid Program Grant Fund No. 60P/10, AC-2 – Capital and Operating Support – Skid Row.
- AUTHORIZE the Controller to transfer $1,333,178 from Homeless Emergency Aid Program Grant Fund No. 60P/10, AC-2 – Capital and Operating Support – Skid Row to the GSD Fund No. 100/40, Account No. 6030, Leasing Account.
- DIRECT the City Administrative Officer (CAO) to:
- Prepare any additional Controller instructions or make any necessary technical adjustments consistent with the Mayor and Council action in this matter, and authorize the Controller to implement these instructions.
- Negotiate and sign a letter of agreement with the County of Los Angeles (County) outlining the City, County, and Operator responsibilities for this facility.
- INSTRUCT the City Homeless Coordinator to coordinate with the County to identify funds for interim housing operations at the site, including, but not limited to County Measure H revenue.
Fiscal Impact Statement: Neither the CAO nor the Chief Legislative Analyst has completed a financial analysis of this report.
Community Impact Statement: None submitted.
|Adopted to Continue, (12); Absent: Huizar, Koretz , Smith (3)|
|CONTINUED TO FEBRUARY 26, 2019 |